October 27, 2008

Barefoot Contessa?





So.. I decided to bust out the ol apron on sunday and try my hand at the infamous Boston Creme Pie. So, as routine I call up dear Lirpa (april) and ask her for step-by-step Rachelle-worthy instructions. Well, as it turns out a little confusion occurred on the matter of how much flower to add. On the left we have the first -attempt = 1/4 C flour. On the right we have the second attempt with 2 and 1/4 C flour. yep, I yet again shock myself with my cooking abilities.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww Rachelle, Your getting it! I'm going to make you a cook after all. Good to see the results of your cooking adventures once in a while. My pumpkin dessert squares with pumpkin whipped cream turned out delish! Someday. I might make them for you.

* Thanks for the great weekend! We had lots of fun! Meg is still working on the dance moves for the next visit.

April

Anonymous said...

By the way, the recipe says 2 1/4 cups Cake flour. So probably just shy of 2 cups of regular flour depending on humidity, etc....

April

Nat said...

Rachelle Ballard. you found me! what a good day in my life! I've been needing more of you in my life. And I think we should take a cooking class together or something. I don't know if I have ever made something that has turned out the first time. ever. sometimes I think it's a talent because I screw up things that are supposedly impossible to screw up. but I'm just that good.