April 28, 2009

You Thcuba? (refer to Along Came Polly)








Ihave been in this scuba class since the middle of March or so. Yes, I take those kind of classes, I am also in a very rewarding Yoga class, thank you very much. But, despite the good times had in the University of Utah's pool, it was time for us to become PADI certified. So, I know what you may be thinking, "Rachelle, how would a person pick a place to scuba dive with all of the luscious options in Utah, especially at this time of year?" Well, let me satisfy your curiosity and tell you that we went to Blue Lake in Wendover, NV. Quite possibly the cutest, quaintest little town to grace this here globe. (For those of you who have been there, there is no mistaking my sarcasm). Although I can't complain about the temp of the water, yes, it was snowing outside when we got in. We had to do two dives for two days. It was a pain, I have never been colder, you couldn't see two feet in front of you under the water, but all in all, I had a good time. I'm so excited to be certified for Hawaii, I hear its just a smidge better than Blue Lake, but that's just a rumor. These are my two new peeps that have come out of this experience and the two hour drive to and fro each day could not have been the same without these two gals. Oh, and I know, wet suits....atttractive.

5 comments:

bethany said...

Look at you, you little accomplished adult you! "I've never heard of a woman except she was accomplished....You all sing, play and embroider cushions/scuba dive" Charles Bingley (give or take a few things)

kdiddyb said...

wow wish i could take some "fluff" classes for school. you should be certified now for underwater basket weaving.

Marki Lou said...

whos the hottie in the wetsuit:]

Chris & Nikki said...

what the..you blog more now. ;)
add me as a friend man. well email me your email first, we went private. send it my way ma'm. nikkisheaj@gmail.com


nice to see you're having TONS of fun. :D {tell emily i said congrats on the wedding and all that, she sure is a cute girl}

Dallin Gomez said...

I'm going to be certified here in a few weeks, and guess where my first trip is? Blue Lake! Ha ha.