November 3, 2009

REM was right. It's The End of The World As We Know It

November

It's a great month. I actually love it. A couple of my favorite people were born this month. Please, don't feel saddened if you're not a scorpio, it's not your fault, it's your parents. Among these people is my dear old dad, my paps, pappa bear, punky brucester, etc. If you know me I have probably bragged about my father to you. It's not something I'm proud of, it's a habit....so sue me. One thing that I refrain from adding in the list of 'my dad is better than your dad at....' is his overwhelming naivety of the technological tongue. He is clueless, bless his heart. But, for the big boys fifty third, whether because a lack of gift ideas or a distinct sense of humor, his gift this year was a blackberry. Yep, a blackberry. Those cute, trendy little life managers the size of cracker. I find this hilarious. I'm excited about it. So, get the man's number and email and send him any fun little tid bits you want and we can imagine together the hilarity of him trying to find out how to read slash open it. Good luck pops, expect many a game-face sent from my blackberry to yours.



On another note, life has been crazy nuts. School, housing, friends, etc. It's just been a bit hectic. I pride myself in not getting stressed out, and I have been bordering that ever cursed word and I'm ashamd and baffled. So, yesterday after my run, (in a beautiful, fall stricken SLC mind you, quite warm too = god loves me) I was lying on the grass median that runs through my street doing a bit of needed stretching. *sidenote: I'm terribly unflexible. I hate it. I found out that despite my constant struggle with it, it will never become easy. It's genetic. Thanks parents. Thanks a heep. Anyway, I was laying there stretching my lower lumbar and I stopped and just stared at the sky for a bit. It was mesmorizing. I just layed there thinking nothing thoughts for about 5 mintues. I love the sky. So, I have thus been making it a regular goal, to lay down and just stare at the big, beautiful sky for 5 minutes a day. It really puts things in perspective I think. So, if and when you're having a rough day and feel like you've been asked to handle Job-like struggles, just go outside, (preferably not at noon-ish, the sun hurts your eyes then) and stare at the sky or 5 minutes. That's it, just 5 minutes. I put my stamp on that and guarantee that it will help. Also, try not to do it when the lawns been recently watered. Still a nice experience, but a little less than supreme when the realization hits you.

4 comments:

Emily & Kyle said...

you won't believe your mentally challenged eyes when you read this comment, but he actually was getting the hang of the ol blackberry. He is sure growing into such a big boy!!

kolobflyfishing said...

So when you were daydreaming were you thinking about people that have jobs or just wondering what one feels like?

Ty * April said...

I have to second Emily's comment. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it either. although He did call his favorite first. Good thing you are still the cutest of us all.
p.s. I bought the first of your Christmas present today. Yeah!!!! You will get it in 49 more short days.

veronica said...

note to self rachelle had OFFICIAL ben labeled as *loony shelly in my notebook :D i love the picture of your dad.. it made me smile... very largely, it completes your post haha