December 9, 2009

Pilgrims and Voldemort



Yep, that's veronica just casually holding a pistol, such a scarface pose.

The only person who ever consistently hits anything

Look how happy we are before the run, so naive.

Thanksgiving,

Could there be a better holiday? This, in every way, is a rhetorical question, because it is an obvious 'NAY! There could not!' The entire tradition is based around food. I don't know any of those Indian-befriending pilgrims personally, but I do indeed appreciate what they have done for the quality of living in my November days. It's just all in all my favorite holiday. Fun Fact About Rachelle #7,892. This vacation based trip down to So. Ute was another success. I know, my new obsession with firearms has got to be controlled, and quick. First came the always feared, always regretted, but always participated-in Turkey Trot. Seriously never fails to be the hardest run of the year. Sorry you puked your innards out Em, you're still a lady in my eyes. The fam dam then did the annual skeet shooting out past my favorite pliggys, ate pie whilst shooting, and then proceeded to the home front, where linnie lou lived up to her infamous title as best chef in North America (refer to recent Parks & Rec episode). My favorite, and fairly new tradition added to the Ballard & Co Thanksgiving Table is that of the hate-fest. Last year me and a couple of my DNA-binding comrades, aka siblings/cousins, decided instead of doing the traditional every-person-says-what-they're-thankful-for-before-devouring-mouth-watering-delicatessens, we should all say one thing we REALLY hate while we are eating. It is now a smash hit and I usually laugh an adequate amount for at least one side serving to come out of my nose. Kudos family, kudos. Later that weekend we went paintballing. My very first paintballing experience. Memorable. Painful. Colorful? I actually thoroughly enjoyed the paintballing practice, until I actually got hit in the last game. I'm not going to condemn myself and say that I was a clean-mouthed saint upon being struck...for I was not. Even Linnie lou joined in, she being the reason I was hit 3 times. Thanks mother, your protective instincts for your young cannot be rivaled.





Little G-ma thelma was a trooper, a hypothermic trooper

Cute little Andy Pandy fell into the river between games. Hence the nudity. Bless his heart. Don't worry, we made sure he didn't surrender in vain.


Lastly and Highly most importantly comes the topic of the newest member of my fave five. that adorable little bird is soon to be in my life, apart of me, the Watson to my Holmes. I believe him coming into my life is a very symbolic testament that the heavens are happy with my current life choices. Don't ask how I got that interpretation, it's all very metaphorical. But, here is the dilemma. Bird needs a name. I am all set to embark on our feathered journey together, it must have a name worthy of the adventures we are likely to pursue. So, I'm open to suggestions. The top picks as of now are: Suki (gilmore girls fans will appreciate), Voldemort, and Professor. Please add any others you see fit. We don't know the gender of these birds unless we do a DNA test, I figure this to be a benefit seeing as you may pick any feminine or testosterone filled name you choose.

6 comments:

Ty * April said...

Come on, I thought we all agreed you should name it Weeza or Malin. There is symbolism in Steel Magnolas isn't there?

Adam, Summer, Noah, Ava said...

You are such a nerd. Mom told me it was Weeza as well.

Camila said...

how' bout Simone short simple and probably has some sort of symbolism in it! plus it's a girl and a boy name. perfect if you ask me :)

veronica said...

dearest it is the 9th of december..... WHY THE HECK ARE YOU STILL WRITING ABOUT THANKSGIVING???? and the samone name was MY idea, camila stole it from me. that's what i am going to name my first born child. not simba but samone. but simba would be cool. anyways when i erad the camption with my name i wondered "woah when was i down in south utah??" but i understood, so there's another female carrying my name eh! well tell her she has my permission :]

Sara Soda said...

I like Professor, for some reason. I am a HUGE Gilmore Girls fan (currently on Season 7 and hating Luke and then hating Christopher... it's quite the rollercoaster) so I like Suki too, but I think either one could be taken across the trans-gender border without being shot by the natives. So... that's my input.

Emily & Kyle said...

birds are gay.....kyle