January 14, 2010

Thwuangles and Biting the Dust

Well if it isn't a few days into 2010, eh? Yes, I realize it's nearly half way into the first month, but do not judge, blogging is a time suck sometimes (plus I realized something, I am willingly giving my lurking enemies somewhere out there a whole heap of info. My personal memoirs here, on a virtual platter for them to devour at any time they choose. Not very intelligent on my part). Before I seep my paws into dishing out the events of the past moon cycle, I would like to pose a question: What is with the words they make you type to sign into your account on google? Seriously. My titles namesake is actually inspired from the one I had to decode just today. Thwuangles. Yep, thwuangles. I know it's to protect every hard working mother who's tiny tots may stumble on to their computer whilst they are blogging, and type some embarrassing family story or four-lettered, tongue soaper (april). But honestly, I ALWAYS just guess as to what letters are there. I feel like it's a trick question. You want me to decode that twisted, mangled, mess of letters just to access my own account? I would like to be hired as the cowgirl that comes up with those words. T'would be a pretty fun gig. Soap box. Sorry.
On another note, as my mom would say, I live in a 'dirty city.' The air is yucky. I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be able to chew the air. But, what do I know. Biting the dust, or air, literally.


Barbara and Gavin's Wedding:

My dear little brazilian got hitched. She just so happened to marry the sweetest guy in this earthly realm. The reception was beautiful and I officially agree with everything Brazilian. They eat a lot of good food, dance, and eat a bit more. Pretty sure there's a scripture about it, something about how men are that they might have joy. Congrats Barb and Vin!


My camera happy comrades

Eachother's only hope for a similar scene someday

I love this pic of judy and Lee. They were the musical entertainment and they did amazing




Santa Has A Crush On Me

I got some sweet thangs from santa this year, I am absolutely convinced he has a crush on me.
I admit it, I am a spoiled, rotten, bearnstein-bear-book-worthy-punk. I have so many awesome people that love me and express that love in crazy cool, thoughtful gifts. I'm crazy lucky. How cool is this for snow


And yes, at the bird ins now my constant companion. Sorry no pics of the bird, her pretty stellar set up, as always thanks to linnie and maddie. Her name, thanks to Bruce is Sonya. Which I just found out from a Nepali girl I tutor means 'golden.' Nice pops. But she is called many things as a result of disaccord on name-agreeance: Mr. S (roomates), Ladya (matt - he claims since we don't absolutely know the gender it's the only appropriate option), Sonie (meg), and I'm sure more to come. She loves people, still not saying any words and poops...A LOT. But, cool fact, she is potty trained and flies off people if she needs to do the duty. cool eh? Minus Chels Stout, sorry dog.

Near Death and Crazy Chaps

I went sledding/snowmobiling with a few H-town hometowners and had a phenom time. Minus Tyson nearly dying when flying off a cliff and snowmobiles being slightly less than pristine the trip was an overall success and I had tons of fun.

Tyson's escapades off a cliff. He took out that tree, roots and all.
Tys thought he could make some good hot cocoa if he just heated up this barrel of snow. Good in theory.

Tyson Gubler, Whitney Spendlove, Axton Hoyt, Gabe Phillips, Me, Annie Marsh, Chancen Hall, and Callin Nay. Cute little pile of punks, eh?

me and whit. You wouldn't believe how happy we were to be on safe ground. No offense boys.

I'm super bummed cause I had a lot more pics of our fun in the snow, I know you don't lose your composure about it, but they were good ones and my camera is being...shall we say, dumb. Sorry guys, I'll get you the pics soon.

Just a shout out to the man who restored my faith in the gospel. We all went to church with Adam and Summer when Ava got sealed and Grant and her got blessed. This man made the whole congregation rehearse and sing the halelujah chorus....in sacrament meeting...with drums. It was honestly awesome. I laughed for a full hour. He shouted and hollered and called people out. It was great. Also the drummer was an 80 year old man, whom we later found out has a 6 year old a 13 year old. Zip joke. Never had more fun at church. I feel like it is the closest I've ever been to a southern, black rock n roll church that I've longed for. Of course me and mel had to have a pic with him.



Sister Blisters!

Two of my best friends, and close to only friends have decided to give up on love and pursue a mish. just kiddin guys. I'm super happy for them, but majorly bummed.

Lee: Guatemala (can't spell the first part)

Tan: Eugene, Oregon

3 comments:

Veronica said...

i'm still bummed that you didn't call the bird simone. and i shalt not forgive you. CAN IT BE IT'S MIDDLE NAME??? when i saw the picture of lenny i felt sad inside .. cus i may never see her again. shucks. PROMISE me that you'll say goodbye for us at her farewell. i can send her an email but vocal words are better :) finally you post shelly. geez. i almost jumped out of my chair when your name popped up on the "POST" thingy but i love the post.... reading about your crazy life. so much more interestin then mine hahah can't wait to be in college. tee hee

bethany said...

I really like that pic of you and lee. Not so much the on e of tan. uh oh. the one of you and linzay should be on the cover of some quality album.

Camila said...

well i tend to have pretty extreme dreams, my Indian escapade was just a small bit of my wide variety :)