February 9, 2010

Party Like A Poncho and Stop This Craze Called The Internet!

Sorry for the fuz. BIRD UPDATE: Sonya, which she is rarely called, is doing well. She loves humans and loves pecans. Except for a couple of incidences she does not poop on so said humans that she loves. Actually recently she pooped on a fellow at a certain social gathering I'll mention later and every female in the place was inwardly excited about it. Animals..Such an innate sense of character. She loves climbing up people and she WILL find a way to do it. Her new favorite trick is to climb up my shoes,pants,shirt and eventually land on my head where she will then plant her feet in my hair (yeah, bird feet in curly hair ROCKS) and then peer over my face, like a type of bang and just look me in the eyes. It's decently funny, but hugely inconvenient when homework is brought forth. Noah loves the bird, unless it comes near him and whenever I go over he immediately says, "did you bring the bird!?' Now I know how my siblings with children feel when they come over....second rate. Matt pretends to hate it, but he actually loves it, I've seen him cuddling it several times. Sucker.



So cute cats, I have a pile, nay an ever literal Everest of books awaiting to be read, studied and cognitively interpreted by yours truly. But, true to heart (as nick and the boys would say during the ending credits of Mulan) I will catch up on the current events of my being.
I get dictionary.com's word of the day each day. It makes me happy and I get excited when it's a funky word and I, with brutal force, attempt to use it in my day. I thought I would make this a bit interactive and pretend like virtual friends can fill the gaps in a school-trodden social calendar.
So here are some words to describe some people I know:
Meg = Autotonsorialist
April = Colposinquanonia
Madi = Dompteuse
Kyle = Farctate (such a good one, in sound and definition I think)
Honorificabilitudinitatibus - no people, just crazy cool word
Entire Scholzen and Ballard family =
lalochezia
All of my mother's grandchildren =
mammothrept
Nancy slash Mother = quidnunc
Judy (jessica Judy that is) = tarantism
Erica =
viraginity
Both Matts =
strikhedonia
Melissa =
preantepenultimate
Noah =
inaniloquent

Anywho, those are just a couple. If I didn't list your name it is NOT because there is not an unusual word to describe you. In fact, it may mean you a
re too unusual for poor ol Webster to keep up with. That's the story I'm sticking with anyway.

Enough barminess for now (yep, another dictionary.com winner meaning
frivolous). We had ourselves a bit of a social gathering, often called a party by younger folk, for Poncho's big 22 bday! I sure do like that small bundle of sarcasm. She gets my goat if ya get my drift.
There was lots of fun peeps, weird lee/judy style of dancing (yes please!) and way too many folks for one tree house to accomodate = such a happy shell.Fave pic - gavin was practicing his gangsta moves in the mirror and thought no one was watching. Hint gav...I'm always watching.












Notice sonya making her party debut on poncho. Dang good lookin bird.

Matthew Shirley and I also joined the hype and went and saw Avatar, or "Avatard" as Matt calls it. Can you guess his sentiments? Yeah, he's pretty mad at his faithful Rotten Tomatoes for giving it a good rating. I didn't hate it, thought it was a cool idea, but correct me if I'm wrong, did or did not Fern Gully get the same point across and in 2 1/2 hours less? Speaking of which I recently purchased the forest magic for less than 5 dollars at Wallys. Best purchase of the year...? A resounding yes. I have pics of us in our 3D glasses, but they came out not only blurry but horrendous on the optics. Hard to believe, right? But here is a sign we passed on the way home. Couldn't help ourselves. Mostly Matt couldn't help himself. STD's deserve celebrations too! And what a bargain!
Taco Tuesday!!!
So Matt and his man-crush and simultaneous best friend Josh, his wife megan and their little boy JP have thus included me in their Taco Tuesday fiesta. We go over there, religiously mind you, every Tuesday for tacos, American Idol laughs, and Jazz games. It's fun and Josh and Megan are pretty fun peeps. And yes, they somehow cook enough food for me AND Matt. A feat few have accomplished in this mortal test. This is a pic of Matt and JP. Ironic that they look remarkably similar. Either Matt has got youth on his side or this baby is reaching his 30's straight outta the womb. Undecided.


Last and probably definitely least, seeing as all the cool thangs I've given you to dwell on, I would like to discuss technology. Despite my utter 'fed-upness' of school at the moment, I watched an interesting documentary in my Comm class recently. It was called Digital Nation. I believe it is on KUED and is still running, I HIGHLY recommend you tune in, or download it. It was a mind boggling study of what mass media has done to our society. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not going avatar on your bones, demanding we wear granola and drive mud-ran vehicles, but it really opened my eyes to what is happening around me, and I've been too distracted...well, with media to notice. If you go to a education campus anywhere you will see that 4 out of 5 students are on their cell phones, laptops, iphones, etc. I realized I've been too busy shoving my head in a screen and I'm missing out on what college offers - distinct human interaction. An opportunity to share opinions and ideas like in no other venue. But it's not just in Universities, its everywhere. People are literally using things like Second Life to conduct business meetings. They create a character and live vicariously through this character to conduct meetings, business 'get aways,' and more. Anyway, I totally recommend it. It was even done by the man who wrote Cyberia, an internet-loving book in the early 2000s. It was a good eye-opener for me. And for those of you who want to be apart of our SuperBowl fun, check out summers blog, she does a cuter job than me anyhow.

6 comments:

yo said...

I don't get my word.. I feel a little sheepish to admit to myself how long I have sat here trying to figure it out.

Melissa Scott said...

I guess Yo is Matt or something.. Oops.

kylee said...

i miss you guys

Jessica Gilmore said...

I LOVE my word and the pic of Matt and son. So good. Also I love the treehouse and all parties they throw and I loved the chocolate cake.

Ty * April said...

Nice definitions. They are all perfect. That must mean I am really good looking because they are big. (at least I think they are, plus I am nursing that helps. :) )

Do you have a cool word for Redneck That could be Ty's.

* Melissa - Yours means 4th in a series.

Nice update. We are excited to see you this weekend. You are still coming.....right?!?

Kyle and Emily said...

blah, blah, blah, and avatar rocked.