June 18, 2010

Just a tad Schizophrenic

AaaaaaallloooooooooooooHA my fellow responsibility avoiders! Let's be honest that that is really what it is we are doing whilst blog stalking/facebooking/'tweetering' as Mateo calls it. I also love when people say 'aloha' in church, espesh when they aren't from the literal islands. My dream is to someday have some returned missionary get up from an exotic location and make everyone say something totally pervy in their language and have everyone say it back. Granted, hopefully they would be the only one in the congregation to speak the language.....not all my dreams are what some may call 'couth.'
Anywho, I digress. Here's just a quick pic update of my time in So.Ute the past few weeks. My sisters have many more pics and much more abilities in the crafty realm, it wouldn't be so unfair if I had got the good voice or fashion forward gene. I've thus been jipped.

This is a pickled bobcat. You think I'm kidding. You would have to. This is a true gem found only at g-ma thelmas. There is a story that goes with it, but honestly I'd rather not say cause it's so much more fun to just post a pickled bobcat. Mateo was pretty speechless when introduced to this beauty. He's somehow still not scared away.....give me time.

Made some jam. I'm an apricot jam junky. I would like some to be put in my arms whilst I lay in my casket. Thank you and please respect my final wishes.


BRINK!!!! oh, yes, the Disney Channel Original Movie made a HUGE impact on me as a youngster. Me and Bub (my adorable cousin Abby) have done some serious blading in our time and can I just say that it is a bit harder of a work out than I remember it being. Blades, my toosh thanks you.


I've been spending A LOT of time with the tinies. Sincerely, it's been A LOT of time. But they like my jokes and value my similar appreciation for playing....all day, I have found my kindred spirits.



My best friend. This crazy gal has been my constant buddy. "SHAELLLL! Where ar you?!!!" I hear that all day. She is crazy but makes you feel like gold every time you walk into the room. Even if you just left for 5 seconds, when you come back in she yells your name and comes running into your arms like you just returned from a full year deployed in Iraq. She plays...hard....all day.



ON TO MY SCHIZOPHRENIA....

So I am back in the Dirty SL Citay for a few weeks to hang out with my East High peeps. I know what a lot of you are thinking, some tutor you must be Chelle, why are all your kids taking Summer School? and to that I have absolutely no good answers. I like to think of myself as more of a guiding voice than an educational expert;). Naw, it's actually mostly new kids, but I do miss my regular gear up students. So, since they were new they actually treated me like a respected adult for the first 5 minutes....it didn't last, it never does. Here are just a couple of the comments I've received in the first 4 days:

Student: "Are you a senior this year?"

Student: "Do you always do your hair like that?"

Student: "Rachelle, could you talk to the other tutors about telling more jokes?" (They are supposed to be doing quiet reading each day in my class. apparently I talk to much. A new development I think)

And my personal favorite, this takes some setting up:

So, I don't know if I'm the only one outside of a mental institution that does this, but I have endless conversations and 'mind movies' as I call them all day. I have weird, random scenarios playing out in my mind in a constant stream. How do I function? With practice....and very short conversations with the 'normal people.' Anyway, sometimes when these play out I often find myself moving my mouth along with the scenario being played out. I can never tell if this has been happening or if I caught it right as it's happening. This ever present problem lead to this conversation.

Student: "Hey, I think I recognize you from somewhere!"

Me: "Oh, I'm a gear up tutor during the school year, you probably saw me in the library."

Student: "Hahahaha, no, I saw you the other day walking down the street"....(continues laughing hysterically)

Me: "Did I walk like a retarded buffalo or something?"

Student: (upon finally catching her breath) "no, me and my friends laughed our butts off for like an hour after seeing you cause you were having a pretty intense conversation with yourself. We looked for headphones but we couldn't see any. Did you get all your issues worked out?"

The other students quickly join in the laughter.

Me: "mmmm, pretty sure that wasn't me."

I have no doubt that it was me. I bring a lot of unnecessary pain upon myself. This self destructive behavior is easy going to affect my future employment endeavors.

9 comments:

kylee said...

oh how i have missed your blog posts. you get me to laugh every single time. i love it. also brink was possibly one of the best disney channel movies made. loved it dearly. love YOU dearly. now that you are in salt lake [jess gets back to salt lake tuesday!!] lets get ourselves together and party.

kylee said...

ha ha please call me to play now that im back!

Summer Wilson said...

My sweet husband also has "little shows or scenarios" going on in his head. During most quit moments I can look over and see a little smirk on his face and I know he is "watching his little show". An endearing character.

Ty * April said...

Laughing my head off, because I too sometimes play things out and find myself smiling, or my mouth slightly moving, or sometimes eventually talking out loud. May be there is a little schizo in all of us. More in you though. :)

p.s. Funny. My word verification is messy.

Heidi said...

I had no idea that Grandma has a pickled Bobcat. That is gross and totally sci-fi. But cool.

LOL! I for one did not get the gene of a schizo....luckily. ;) I love your posts they keep me laughing for days. :) Love ya.

Summer Wilson said...

Were in the world has Heidi been in this family?!?! We used to pull out that bobcat every time we went to grandma's.

Veronica said...

I"m debating to ask where you g-ma found the bobcat... oh i have a great idea. Check my blog soon, oh and HEY when are you going to check your flippin email? your die hard tutor buddy wants her converse :)

Ty * April said...

Heidi,
You do know that grandma still has the bobcat in the bottle.
I can't believe that you didn't know that. We were always asking to look at it.

Camila said...

gahahah how come I've never seen these "Mind Movies" i probably would've joined in with you :)