July 28, 2010

puttin on the ritz

wale, as per usual I find myself engaging in the somewhat less than constructive time-suck of blogging. But, as I just read on my milk chocolate dove wrapper, 'Time wasted happily is not time wasted at all.' Those people at Dove sure do have a simultaneous grasp on the delicious and the sentimental. So, I'm going to fess up, these pictures are disgracefully out of order. Another one of my dastardly plots to maintain intrigue. Subtle, yet....effective? Anywho, here is another whiff of my Summer spent trying to dodge a 'real' job whilst slumming for any dollar I can put my sunburned hands on.

First and foremost, a confession. I have always made fun of these shows. Once again, karma is a bitter, unloved, emotionally barren wench (that quote is for you bev). But I have watched the past two episodes of this season's Bachelorette and I'm hooked. I'm honestly so into who she chooses. It's embarrassing. It's true. But I think she is cute and I like one specific male prospect and I'm upset to admit that I will be glued to the tv monday evening to see who she chooses.

Phew! I feel better having had admitted that.

Thought I'd put these two pics together. Check out our complimentary attitudes. I'm just trying to mold the next generation into something I can smile upon.

There's going to be a lot of pictures of humans shooting. This was not a remake of 'Custer's Last Stand.' Promise. My father was the Young Men's President and he took his priests out shooting. Naturally Matt and I joined. Annie Oakley may or may not have been impressed with me. Did I hit a lot of those wiley clay pigeons?

No.
But I do believe I hit the one's considered most jeapordous to the boy's safety.

Mateo making a dry-ice bomb. I think he finally found a group of people on his same brain waves. Sad.

Me and Lenny, aka Leah recently went for a gorgeous hike up by the narrows. Zion is gorgeous right now. Minus the flash flood warnings I highly suggest you pay it a visit.

Mateo and I doing our best to not show our eye color.
Oh, and we went to a ReAl game. Super fun. Thanks a mil Ashcracks (aka Ashcrofts) I recently had two stellar weekends up in the dirty slc. Matt and Melissa joined for the last one and we had a blast. Thanks for joinin me homies! I have no pics of them, but take my word that they seemed happy.

I love it up there in the Summer. Quite a happenin place. Not exactly 'the city that never sleeps,' but for that I am glad, cause I do enjoy an adequate amount of REM cycles.

This is just on a cool bench after going to see Inception. Did that show boggle anyone else's balls?! I LOVED it! I love movies like that, mind twisters. Seriously one of the best movies I've seen in a while. I'm sure it's no match for the Jacob vs Edward phenomenon sweeping the tween nation, but it's just more my cup of tea I suppose.

So good to be back in southern Utah:).

Andy and Mateo found eachother. Rachelle? Rachelle who?



My best friends down here = madi and meg. Everyday.
We recently went and saw the Jackson's new golden retriever puppies. Can you tell by the face that happiness and purpose were found?


I've been really into trail running lately. I'm addicted. I was going with my best good pal Jordan, (who's photography site has been updated and I HIGHLY recommend you check it out) and we'd been on some gorgeous runs. But, as we mere mortals often do, we got a little gung-ho in our endeavors and we did a hard run a few too many times that week. We tried to to do the same run again and our legs felt like a mixture between 3 day old Hunan City chow mein and Harry Potter's arm in the 2nd movie when Professor Lockhart takes the bone out.
Too much?
Sorry. I digress.
Anyway, I ate crap after trying to run up a mountain of massive porportions and this is just the hand. My 'seat, rear, rumpus, boonie, butt, gluteus maximus, derriere, keister, caboose, what have you was also severly beat up. But I will spare you those photos.
Yes, I took photos.


wistful, don't ya think?


Mateo is a man of....well, B.S. A LOT of it. He makes up so much crap all day long that my trust issues have been magnified ten fold. Words, facts, etc. He makes me look like an honest Abe, which has NEVER happened.

Some of Mateo's best quotes in recent weeks:
"I got a fancymanship degree. I specialize in all things fancy. It's a mix between ritzy and classy.
Ellen deGenerus, Jim Halpart and Michael Buble are just a few of my fellow grads."
"I've just been puttin on the ritz."
"Feel free to follow me on the tweeter."
"Bradjolina ate my baby!"


Back to puppy love.


Did I mention that I these girls are around? Cute little farts.

Pappa Bruce divulging his ever expounding wisdom upon some oppressed 16 year olds.

Wanna get your heart racing? Just join these two freaks on a four wheeler ride out south. You will A-swear. Don't be ashamed. Pretty sure even Mother Teresa would. B-pee your pants. C-hit the person driving. D-Have a lot of fun. These boys are nuts, but I love em. Pretty cool scenery too. I kept making them pose for engagements but they always moved too soon. Believe me when I say it got saucy.

Cute photo. I miss those babies and Noah an insane amount. Move on back now Shlum. Thanks!!

Speaking of near death experiences, I am planning on making my first sky-diving jump here in about a month and I am pretty excited. Feel free to come if you want, August 28th is the day as of now. But this risky behavior got me thinking if it was any more dangerous than hopping in your car in the morning to drive to work. Mateo found this cool little thing that I would like to share cause I think it is interesting.
No reason for it.
Is there ever?



10 comments:

Ty * April said...

When and where are you jumping out of a flying airplane? I want to come watch and may be even take pictures. I would someday may be even join you but that will be awhile. . . I have 4 little dependants that need me around.

Kyle and Emily said...

I want the butt pictures from the fall and STAT!

Kyle and Emily said...

and don't be a coward about it

Summer Wilson said...

I DON'T want the butt pictures. Noah misses Carlos the crab. Don't you think jumping out of an airplane is a little dangerous for people like you......the kind of people that have scattered ideas (i.e. when do I pull the cord, before or after I jump)

Jessica said...

One more vote for the butt pics. Seriously, your blog views will go up ten fold when those hit.

You're so hot shooting that gun. And I don't even like guns.

Can we do a narrows trip? Like fall break or something? Serious.

Veronica said...

you're a dork ya know that? i can't beleive i READ all that. but i smiled durign most of it soo ... i guess it was useful to my daily dose of happiness and ... ahem knowledge :)

akclyde family said...

hey you! I can't believe you are jumping out of a plane!!! You crazy lady! I could never. I'm way way too chicken for that!!! I think I would pretend I could do it all the way up to actually jumping and then I would just cry. I am all talk. :) I am going to pretend that that is a surprise to you. :) Anyway... whenever you are in h-town give me a call 435-773-8838. They are going to induce me this Monday.. so I might not be able to do a whole lot for a couple of weeks... but you are totally welcome to stop by and see the new munchkin. :) Hope to see ya soon!

rick & kels said...

and your blog is everything mine is not, funny :) oh i too am a sucker for the stupid bachelorette. i hated it until my sister-in-laws started getting me to watch it. dang them ha ha.

Sara Soda said...

Several things:
1) I hope your parachute opens.
2) Hand injuries are swiffering the nation.
3) I want that Calvin/PETA sticker.

kylee said...

freak girl. i wish to see your face asap. also, did you hear? nikki is engaged. for reals. craaazzzzy huh!? you are more than welcome to use a zooey photo just so long as you credit me :] are you up at the u again this semester?