May 15, 2011

beautiful days

I have had three days of freedom. The literal do-what-I-want/constantly reminding myself I don't have homework I 'should' be doing kind of freedom. It has been surreal and amazing. I mean I have been working, but that doesn't count. Plus, my job isn't too hard, we eat amazing food and the gals are neat....maybe I shouldn't admit all those thangs, cause if ever I want to bawl about my big-girl miseries you kids will call me out for the fraud that I am. Disclaimer: I will always have a hard time working as a result of the at least 6 ideas constantly running through my head that would be insanely fun for peeps. Seriously, always. Does everyone have that syndrome?


Thus I digress. But I have read three books this week and it has been seriously marvelous. But better than that I have hung out with Jessica Judy Gilmore (I'll write more about that later, I love that gal and will bawl if I write about her leaving right now) and listening to phenomenal music while taking absurdly long walks through the city.

I mostly thank the two Kylees (Ky5 http://kyleerowley.blogspot.com/ and Kylee Gubhttp://kyleegubler.blogspot.com/) for always posting good tunes for me to steal and fall in love with.

Here's some that have given me that slight, euphoric smile as I trapse through the city in full spring time bloom.

Next to Me - Sleeping at Last
Welcome Home - Radical Face
Take Care - Beach House
The Story - Brandi Carlile
The Girl from North Country - Bob Dylan
Older Brother - Peter Rabbit
Stay or Leave - Dave Matthews Band
Mary Jane Shoes - Fergie (not a joke)
Grown Ocean - Fleet Foxes
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgv6dKV03dA&feature=related - coolest video)
Speak Well of Me - Weepies
Behind the Sea - Panic at the Disco
Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez
Back Down South - Kings of Leon
One Voice - The Wailin Jennys
April Come She Will - Simon and Garfunkel

And lastly I think this gal is the neatest thing ever. She has been the newest source of inspiration for spontaneous dance parties in the basement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwnefUaKCb

5 comments:

kylee said...

comment queen is back.
three books in one week? i vow to accomplish such a feat. every time i post new tunes i think to myself, rachelle will love me for this. i will forever continue to post them just so you can reap the benefits.

Summer said...

can't wait to see your ugly mug in a couple days. you were planning on sleeping at marv's right?!

pro said...

Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.

Fiti said...

Rachelle! I live in Sandy. How do you like slc? We do need to catch up. I need to know if your still obsessed with that ugly guy Iverson or that hot guy Tyson Beckford. I just want to know if you still have jungle fever.

kylee said...

RACHELLE ... we suck at hanging out. we have to make this happen ASSSAAAP